Why choose the best lightweight hair dryers for thick hair? Thick hair, indeed, takes a long time to dry. So, most of you with thick hair are reluctant to wash your hair regularly. But the hair dryer has made hair drying more accessible and faster now. Though a hair dryer is made to dry hair quickly, it is used for hair styling too.
In the earlier days, the hair dryers were so heavy and would take more time to dry hair. But nowadays, most of the best hair dryers are made of lightweight design, high power, and ceramic technology. The hair dryers now include convenient accessories too. They can dry hair faster by taking less time.
People believe that thick, smooth, and polished hair leaves someone with an improved personality. By using a hair dryer, you can get that desired hair. Also, you can easily minimize drying time and create a sleek or voluminous style with no frizz. So, use the hair dryer to tame your thick hair.
Before choosing the best lightweight hair dryers for thick hair
You should consider some factors before buying the best hair dryer for thick hair.
- Wattage: A dryer with lots of wattage releases more heat that dries your thick hair by taking less time. So, purchase a high-wattage dryer for your thick hair.
- Weight: Choose a lightweight hair dryer because a heavy dryer can strain your biceps while drying and styling hair.
- Concentrator Nozzle and Diffuser: Purchase your hairdryer with a nozzle for supplying direct heat to the roots and a diffuser for enhancing curly hair.
- Multiple Settings: Purchase a hair dryer with multiple settings for heat, high and low.
- Negative Ions: Negative ions speed up drying time by removing droplets of water on the hair. So, you can choose a dryer that sprays negative ions.
- Heat Distribution: A ceramic or porcelain coating hair dryer distributes heat evenly across the scalp. So, choose the hair dryer with ceramic or porcelain coating.
- Cost: The best hair dryers often reveal as expensive. But they can give you more satisfaction than cheaper ones. So, never choose a low-priced hair dryer.
10 Best Lightweight Hair Dryers for Thick Hair
- BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium
- CONAIR Hair Dryer
- INSTYLER BLU Lightweight Dryer
- Andis Tourmaline Ceramic Dryer
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium
- Remington Compact Travel Dryer
- JINRI Hair Dryer DC Hair Dryer
- Revlon Lightweight Hair Dryer
- VAV Blow Dryer
- Matte Purple Hair Dryer
See below for the 10 best lightweight hair dryers for thick hair under $100. I have brought them here; you will find them helpful to dry hair quickly.
1. BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Lightweight Dryer
This best affordable hair dryer for thick hair It emits millions of natural ions to dry hair faster, thereby protecting it from heat damage. BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Lightweight Dryer gives you a gorgeous look by eliminating static and making your hair shiny.
It has a folding handle, nozzle, dual voltage, 2 heat settings, a removable rear filter, and an easy cleaning stand. Besides, it can create 1000w heat and go from 110V to 250V. This hair dryer is lightweight and convenient to carry when travelling.
2. CONAIR Lightweight Hair Dryer Best Travel Hair dryer
CONAIR is the smallest travel hair dryer. It can produce a hot air flow of 1600 watts. CONAIR Lightweight Hair Dryer is great for worldwide travel due to its dual voltage. The dimension of this hair dryer is only 3 x 4.25 x 7.625 inches. This portable, compact hair dryer with a folding handle is perfect for storage in small spaces. This small & lightweight hair dryer bears 2 heat settings. Take this nice hair dryer to dry and style your thick or thin hair easily.
3. INSTYLER BLU Lightweight Hair Dryer
INSTYLER BLU Lightweight Hair Dryer dries your hair up to 2x faster hereby retaining moisture, making it one of the best lightweight hair dryers for thick hair. It creates an unparalleled efficient design with extremely high-speed airflow. The infinity airflow dial customizes airflow by rolling up and down to meet drying and styling needs.
The 2 heat settings, cool shot button, and 9′ pro power cord make this hair dryer more convenient. It also comes with a concentrator and diffuser attachment to maximize frizz reduction for smooth & shiny hair.
4. Andis Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer
Using this hair dryer, you will get variable heat and speed settings while drying and styling. andis Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Lightweight Hair Dryer breaks up water molecules faster to dry hair with less time. Besides, it emits negative ions to eliminate frizz quickly. The ceramic technology preserves moisture to make your hair look soft to the touch and shiny.
Above all, its lightweight design is comfortable to set your hair.
5. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Best Travel Dryer
The Nano Titanium Travel Dryer has 1000W power and can meet everyday needs, no matter how long your hair is. The long-life DC motor releases high-power airflow to dry hair faster without noise. The compact hair dryer has a folding handle, making it great for storage. Its negative ionic technology gets you soft, silky, and less frizzy hair.
Babyliss mini hair dryer is one of the best lightweight hair dryers for thick hair. The dryer has an airflow concentrator for precise styling and a cold shot button to set that style. Moreover, it has a high and low-speed buttons to get flexibility in drying and styling, including nano titanium technology.
6. Remington Compact Ionic Smallest Travel Hair Dryer
Enjoy the quiet action of drying and styling your hair with this amazingly powerful REMINGTON Lightweight Hair Dryer. It has 1876-watt power and ionic conditioning to quickly give your frizzy hair an anti-static shine. Its 3 heat and 2-speed settings are eco options to save energy while still drying your hair beautifully.
Moreover, this hair-drying tool comes with a cool shot button, a removable air filter, and a two-year warranty. This hairdryer is easy-handled and compact for travel.
7. JINRI Hair Dryer Professional DC Hair Dryer
This mini blower can dry and style your hair efficiently with low noise. JINRI Mini Blow Hair Dryer blows 1000 watts of heat and provides long-lasting service. You can adjust the speed by using its high-low-off buttons. Moreover, a cold shot button turns off the coils to blow room-temperature air. It has a removable lint filter to facilitate timely cleanup. It is powerful, lightweight, and convenient to carry; let your hair love it.
8. Revlon Lightweight Hair Dryer
This lightweight hairdryer of ionic technology is dedicated to helping you to achieve beautiful hair. Revlon Lightweight Hair Dryer enhances your look by leaving your hair smooth, shiny, and with less frizz. It comes with a smoothing concentrator for precise hair styling and drying in a quiet mode.
You will get 2-speed settings on it to control heat and U-shaped air inlets to improve drying time. It produces 1600 watts of heat, and triple ceramic coating provides optimal heat without damaging hair.
9. VAV Blow Dryer Negative Iron Professional Hair Dryer
This VAV Blow Dryer is the best hair dryer for thick hair under $100 includes a DC motor, 1875w of power, and a low noise feature. VAV Blow Dryer Lightweight Hair Dryer has ionic technology and an airflow concentrator for precision styling on straight, smooth hair. It also has 2 Speed 3 Heat Settings, a cool shot button, a removable concentrator for sleek and smooth hair, and a 1.8m cord with a hanging loop.
These features make this hair dryer convenient for creative styling. This lightweight dryer is only 19 ounces. Its mini volume and compact design make it perfect for travellers.
10. Matte Purple Hair Dryer Powerful Fast Drying Negative Ion Blow Dryer
Berta hair dryer for thick hair It holds a DC motor, 2 airflow settings, and 3 heat settings to bring maximum power with ion technology. This unique dryer provides ease for fast drying your wet hair. Berta Lightweight Hair Dryer also offers ultimate control and styling results for an elegant look.
This lightweight hairdryer is great for all hair types (damaged hair, frizzy hair). It includes a concentrator nozzle for perfectly smooth hair. So, get this great hair dryer to dry your hair with precision styling.
How Will You Use a Hair Dryer
- After washing your hair, make it half-dry by using a towel.
- Apply a heat-protecting spray on your half-dried or damp hair to protect it from heat damage.
- Set a round brush to the roots of the hair and start blowing by moving it around continuously.
- Spray the heat by keeping the dryer about 6 inches away from the hair.
- Keep blowing until your hair is completely dry.
- Use high, low, or medium speed buttons for different heat levels.
- Use a variety of brushes and combs to achieve different hairstyles.
- In the end, use the cool shot button to set the style.
- If you want to remove humidity, use the low heat setting to avoid over-drying.
Here’s What You Should Maintain During Blow Drying
- Use the blow dryer on your half-dry hair to avoid damage and electric shock.
- Comb your hair by using your fingers to get the lift and volume after the blow-dry.
- You should roll the brush down to the ends by putting it at the roots.
- You should put hairspray from a distance that will allow for even distribution. Otherwise, it will build up in one area.
- Use naturally made boar bristle brushes to execute blow-drying. Besides, use bigger brushes for your thick and long hair.
- Set a nozzle on the blow dryer to spray the heat in the specific portion of your hair.
Some Things You Are Supposed to Know About Hair Dryers
- A blow dryer of 1300 to 1875 watts is great for anyone to use at home.
- The blow dryers with a higher wattage are wonderful for thick and curly hair; they are more expensive.
- Do not blow on the same part of the hair for too long rather, keep the dryer moving while blowing.
- A hairdryer of ceramic and tourmaline technology can combat frizz & retain needed moisture.
Conclusion: Lightweight Hair Dryers for Thick Hair
Over the last 70 years, people had to wait for a portable, lightweight, and high-wattage hair dryer. But I think you won’t have to spend so much time getting your Best Lightweight Hair Dryers for Thick Hair. Just click on the Buy it from amazon, given below the product, to begin purchasing.